The podcast, episode #1
Oft delayed, finally here. Find out the state of both the Premier League and the Costa Rican domestic league as of early April (in, now, late May), as well as UK Football Pilgrimage 2019! You know you want this.
[ Recorded on April 7, 2019 ]
- 00:33 – Introductions
- 01:58 – Mark explains why we’re here (Podcast Origin Story) and he and Ken describe their Premier League pilgrimage trip in February to see Chelsea play Tottenham.
- 09:50 – “It’s happening again!” (the now-legendary Stamford Bridge chant)
- 11:30 – Stamford Bridge stadium tour audio (or, as Producer Ken sums up the visiting locker rooms, “a real s**thole”).
- 12:35 – “What beer do they serve at Chelsea games?” (Shocking.)
- 16:25 – “So, how do I pull off an EPL pilgrimage myself?” (Mark)
- 22:42 – The Swindon Town Experience (Mark and Ken)
- 29:56 – The Stench of MLS (Mark)
- 33:03 – Costa Rican Football Report (Dave)
- 48:04 – Men’s World Curling Championships (Ken)
- 48:45 – EPL Title Race (or, “This goal changes everything!”)
- For further reading on this topic: A Bounce Goes Liverpool’s Way, but Rest Assured: There Will Be More (NY Times).
- 53:17 – Intercontinental Football (AKA Soccer) Betting